5 Modules / 16 topics / 5-8 hours
Successfully complete this online course on ACLS to receive your Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certificate. This course takes you through the stages of advanced cardiac life support (ACLS), enabling you to recall vital information in stressful situations when every moment counts. Complete this course and gain your certificate of completion. The course takes you through each stage of ACLS, from approaching an individual in trouble to post-cardiac arrest care. These are lifesaving skills that will always be in demand.
The principles of advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) and the initial assessment of someone in need of help are the crux of the online course. You will learn about basic life support (BLS), from the chain of survival to the guideline changes, and both mouth-to-mask ventilation. You will progress to learn about advanced life support, including the physiology and anatomy of the heart, airway adjuncts and the ACLS survey.
The material then takes you through the principles of early defibrillation and the steps of using an automated external defibrillator (AED). You will learn about systems of care and explore a number of cases in which ACLS should be used, including respiratory arrest, ventricular fibrillation, bradycardia and tachycardia. Finally, you will learn a number of practical ACLS skills to advance your training.
These crucial skills are especially relevant to those working in fields like nursing, and caregiving for the elderly and vulnerable.
1. ACLS Introduction and Basic Life Support
- ACLS introduction and Basic Life Support – Learning Outcomes
- Introduction to ACLS
- ACLS Basic Life Support
- ACLS introduction and Basic Life Support – Lesson Summary
2. Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Early Defibrillation
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Early Defibrillation – Learning Outcomes
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Principles of Early Defibrillation
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Early Defibrillation – Lesson Summary
3. Systems of Care and ACLS Cases
- Systems of Care and ACLS Cases – Learning Outcomes
- Systems of Care
- ACLS Cases
- Systems of Care and ACLS Cases – Lesson Summary
4. ACLS Skills Training
- ACLS Skills Training – Learning Outcomes
- ACLS Skills Training
- ACLS Skills Training – Lesson Summary
5. Course Assessment
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Summarize the intended use of advanced cardiovascular life support (ACLS)
- Explain how to determine if an individual is conscious or unconscious
- Detail the steps in the chain of survival
- Explain the anatomy and physiology of the heart
- List equipment used in airway management
- Summarize the principles of early defibrillation
- List the symptoms of bradycardia and tachycardia
- Explain how to care for acute coronary syndrome
- Explain the process for performing one-person basic life support (BLS) on an adult
- Summarize the steps taken to perform successful airway management
- List the proper steps for using an automated external defibrillator
To successfully complete this course and receive your certificate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in this assessment. Your Growhouse certificate is ideal for sharing with potential employers by including it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications. It is an indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results and also an incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.